The User/Member Data shall be regulated by The Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Your Consent
By providing your personal data to RISM, you have read and accepted the statements herein; and you have consented to the processing of your personal data by RISM in the manner set out herein. If you provide personal data of third parties to RISM, you warrant and represent to RISM that you have obtained the required consent of the third parties for the processing of the relevant personal data by RISM in the manner set out herein.
- Your Privacy Rights
RISM portal collects information about you and uses this information to help you connect with administrator and other staffs and to provide other services to you. This policy describes how your information is collected and used and your choices with respect to your personal information.
- Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to information we collect on sites and applications owned or controlled by RISM. RISM is not responsible for the data use practices of ad networks, other parties with whom we work with to provide you personalized services, or those who access your information on our sites or applications.
- Information We Collect
We may be required to collect the personal data from you during the course of your dealings with RISM you choose to provide us, included but not limited to name, email address, date of birth, correspondence address, office address, billing address, bank account and payment information, telephone number,
gender, and any other information about the User/Member when the User/Member signs up to use our Services or website, and when the User/Member uses the Services or website, as well as information related to how the User/Member uses our Services or website; and aggregate data on content the User/Member engages with. We also collect non-personal information about you, which includes demographic information and how you use and interact with RISM. We may also collect personal data about you when you carry out transactions through our Services on RISM. We may also acquire information about you from third parties to further personalize and enhance your experience.
- How We Use Collected Information
Generally, RISM collects, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
- customizing your experience with this Website managing the administrative operations of RISM and complying with internal policies and procedures;
- preventing, detecting and investigating crime, responding to queries from enforcement agencies, and analyzing and managing commercial risks;
- conducting investigations relating to disputes, billing or fraud and preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- processing of payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you; resolving disputes, collecting fees, or troubleshooting problems; and
- send you a newsletter.
- to communicate with you and/or your company;
- to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes that may be organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by RISM;
- to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties that may interest you;
- to facilitate payment in connection with the business or contractual dealings between RISM and you and/or your company;
- to conduct research, study, assessment, survey and/or prepare reports/statistics for purpose of RISM’s business activities;
- to respond to your enquiries;
- to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements applicable to RISM, and to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to RISM;
- for RISM’s internal record keeping; and/or other lawful business activities of RISM.
- The personal data provided by you to RISM may, if required, be disclosed to the following classes of third parties:
- RISM’s sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may be determined by RISM to be necessary or appropriate;
- financial institutions for purposes of facilitating payments and/or maintaining financial records in connection with the business or contract relationship between RISM and you and/or your company;
- government agencies and selected parties within or outside Malaysia including strategic partners that work with RISM in connection with RISM’s business activities or any event or programme;
- agents, contractors, auditors, consultants, accountants, insurers, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers of RISM;
- regulatory bodies, government bodies or other authorities if required or authorized to do so to discharge any regulatory function under any law or in relation to any order or judgment of a court; and/or
- any person to whom RISM is compelled or required to do so under the law.
- Generally, the personal data processed by RISM is collected from you or provided by a third party to RISM for the aforesaid purposes.
- Please note that your personal data is necessary for RISM to carry out the aforesaid purposes. The failure to supply such personal data will or may:
- result in RISM being unable to administer the business or contractual relationship between RISM and you and/or your company;
- result in RISM being unable to provide you with information about the activities, products, services, events and programmes organized, managed, facilitated, provided, sponsored and/or participated by RISM; and/or
- result in RISM being unable to provide you with information about the products, services, events and programmes offered by selected third parties which may interest you.
- How We Store Your Information
We store your information to make your interaction with RISM more efficient, practical, and relevant. You may review or update the personal information you share with us at any time by accessing your account. If your personal information was previously accessed by others using RISM, we are unable to delete the information from their systems. You may turn off cookies.
- Security of Your Personal Data
RISM has implemented security policies and technical measures to protect your personal data in accordance with such requirements of the applicable personal data protection laws and regulations. Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purpose of data storage or processing, we may transfer the personal data to a third party service or product providers within or outside Malaysia, under similar level of security measures.
- You have a right to request for access to and for correction of your personal data. You may also choose to limit the processing of your personal data. If you would like to make any of such requests, kindly submit your request in writing to RISM at the postal/email address specified in paragraph 16 below. We may charge you an administration fee for such request.
- If you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of the personal data, kindly communicate to RISM in writing at the postal/email address specified in paragraph 16 below.
- Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
- Links to third party website
- Contact Us
If you have any questions about this statement, you may contact RISM at:-
Royal Institution of Surveyors Malaysia
3rd Floor, Bangunan Juruukur, 64 & 66, Jalan 52/4,
46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel : 603-79551773 / 79569728
Fax : 603-79550253
Email : [email protected]